Total Posts: 5262

ZE 100 ...

jamgolf
Total Posts: 198

Zf.2 21mm:

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

zhangyue wrote:
I bought my 6D with the hope that at least I can work on it just like D800E I had. But I am very wrong on this. 'Milky' is the word I want use I learned from here. and the signature can be traced to 6D, 5DIII, and 1DX. but surprisingly not 5DII and 5D and 1ds.

If you have figured out any tricks to the 6D files, I'd love to hear it. My struggle with it is with the colors. Compared to the M9, there seems to be much less color separation. I have however, noticed that if i use capture one instead of lightroom, so it may be dependent on the RAW processor.

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 2981

Jabberwockt wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
I bought my 6D with the hope that at least I can work on it just like D800E I had. But I am very wrong on this. 'Milky' is the word I want use I learned from here. and the signature can be traced to 6D, 5DIII, and 1DX. but surprisingly not 5DII and 5D and 1ds.

If you have figured out any tricks to the 6D files, I'd love to hear it. My struggle with it is with the colors. Compared to the M9, there seems to be much less color separation. I have however, noticed that if i use capture one instead of lightroom, so it may be dependent on the RAW processor.

It desperately needs color profile. Then it should be bit better. SMI 69/70 is.. how to put it. Bit further away from great.

Recently I worked on PP from 6D and after bit of trying I settled for RawTherapee. Seems to do decent job. I can show that pic mentioned, just not here. Tho, it will be never great colorwise. It could be usable with color profile. Thats all.

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

We will always have black white.

In all seriousness, its not too terrible, just probably requires a learning curve like any other camera. Returned the 6D to my friend and he returned my M9, will borrow it again, but for now, here's one of my last pics with it.

Contax 100/2.0

satybhat
Total Posts: 86

Carsten,
Of all the months I've been following your musings, this one has to be the most profound....
Keep musing and shooting, my friend, for concepts can also be retrospective.

carstenw wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Lovely shot Carstenw ! Wish you posted more often in these threads

Thanks very much Ronny, I love your newest flower shots too!

I have been taking a much-needed break from photography, and especially from excessive forum posting, to do some other things in my life which I have been neglecting, such as programming on my own time. For example, I am refreshing my scheme and lisp skills (I programmed MCL professionally while studying), with the ultimate goal of getting good at Haskell, but the time I can dedicate to this is strictly limited, so it is a longer-term project. I am also programming a little sudoku game, using some ideas which make the interface much nicer and more helpful to use than any such programs I have used so far. All of this and more to refresh my investment in my career, and open up some new directions for the future.

I am also a little burned out on walk-about type of photography, and most of my projects are similarly on hold. I feel a strong urge to do some conceptual-type photography (have you people seen Benedict Morgan's latest work? amazing), but to get a nice idea, fully formed, takes significant effort, and more importantly, open space in your mind, so this one is not yet ready.

My basic perception of the state of photography today is that all photography is not original, with the single exception of conceptual photography, which is as fresh and different as your idea. All of my urbex and cemetery photography, your flower shots, travel photography, portraits, all of that is just building on and in a very few cases, extending, what other people have done already. It is fun and relaxing, but somehow I find that it no longer satisfies my soul.

I am artistically hungry, but the Soylent of repetition doesn't satisfy me.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2649

Jabberwockt wrote:
zhangyue wrote:

I also have C1 and tried it, just for my curiosity, different and better, but not meet my requirement (or lacking ability myself) and not feasible for me. I believe 6D is worst from Canon, 5DIII should be better. Since you had 5DII, looks like you notice the difference too

6D has color problem, period! I thought it is me initially, but after struggling with its color, I start browse Flickr, and Canon 6D thread here, I see its signature instantly. It can be great at above ISO5000, unfortunately, it is not my priority.

With ample light, the problem is less, but is there nevertheless. The marriage with Canon is unsuccessful. my 20D had better color than this. Hopefully, LR will have a better profile. but I think It is not about correct profile or not, absolutely color accuracy is not needed for me but pleasing color. it is a mess here, it is not about color only, but also how the file/color response with edit such as hue, lume, clarity, contrast change....

I will stop here.

To make it not off-topic

ZF35f1.4 at f1.6

carstenw
Total Posts: 15151

satybhat wrote:
Carsten,
Of all the months I've been following your musings, this one has to be the most profound....
Keep musing and shooting, my friend, for concepts can also be retrospective.

Thanks, that's very kind of you. Sometimes I wonder if I am just spewing blah-blah

At the moment I am busy with two programming projects, so photography will be low-key for a while. Probably my favorite-hated category: walk-about.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2211

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

michael49
Total Posts: 5392

ZE 35 f/2 on a 6D...

f/2.5....

f/2....

dthrog00
Total Posts: 226

The B&W dog image is quite good.

Dave

sirimiri
Total Posts: 3343

How very stimulating! Thank you for sharing that.

carstenw wrote:
Ah, interesting. I am surprised that he isn't found in a search, since he uses his own name for the website, but I guess he needs to do some SEO Found on the Petapixel site.

http://benedictmorgan.com/

Ronny _Olsson

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 2981

Small cross-post to keep this thread alive (5 days? .. wheres everyone? ).

My usual gear.. (S5 Pro + 50/1.4). You could see it some time ago (months ago). Im currently going backwards and re-processing pics I found lacking in PP department. I will try to post something newer soon..

carstenw
Total Posts: 15151

It was my daughter's birthday, so I was busy for a while there...

I like the colours in that shot!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2927

85 P :

James Markus
Total Posts: 4373

Really like this one, Philippe.

Sirfishalot
Total Posts: 3528

Contax 35-70 on Sony NEX7, 6 frame panorama.

JayT

Ronny _Olsson

Great shot Z, JayT and Mescalamba

Been thinking about getting some ND filters .. but can not decide Lee or Hitech?
pretty big price difference.. Any opinion?

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

dthrog00
Total Posts: 226

Ronny,

Lots of people swear by Lee, but since I'm cheap I bought a set of Hitech grad NDs with hard edge a while back and they served me well on a cruise last year (using crop sensor and Canon 17-40).

Samples:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68255851@N05/sets/72157632037973711/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68255851@N05/sets/72157632037844697/

Dave

1       2       3              191      
       193              221       222       end