Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/188

1       2       3              188      
       190              219       220       end

carstenw
Total Posts: 15046

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Lovely shot Carstenw ! Wish you posted more often in these threads

Thanks very much Ronny, I love your newest flower shots too!

I have been taking a much-needed break from photography, and especially from excessive forum posting, to do some other things in my life which I have been neglecting, such as programming on my own time. For example, I am refreshing my scheme and lisp skills (I programmed MCL professionally while studying), with the ultimate goal of getting good at Haskell, but the time I can dedicate to this is strictly limited, so it is a longer-term project. I am also programming a little sudoku game, using some ideas which make the interface much nicer and more helpful to use than any such programs I have used so far. All of this and more to refresh my investment in my career, and open up some new directions for the future.

I am also a little burned out on walk-about type of photography, and most of my projects are similarly on hold. I feel a strong urge to do some conceptual-type photography (have you people seen Benedict Morgan's latest work? amazing), but to get a nice idea, fully formed, takes significant effort, and more importantly, open space in your mind, so this one is not yet ready.

My basic perception of the state of photography today is that all photography is not original, with the single exception of conceptual photography, which is as fresh and different as your idea. All of my urbex and cemetery photography, your flower shots, travel photography, portraits, all of that is just building on and in a very few cases, extending, what other people have done already. It is fun and relaxing, but somehow I find that it no longer satisfies my soul.

I am artistically hungry, but the Soylent of repetition doesn't satisfy me.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Hi Carsten,

I am sort of at the opposite I guess. I do not consider any of my photos to be great, but I do not care. There are something that keeps me get interested. Even when they are cliche landscape shot, if I find something that is interesting to me, whether that works with the cliche land or not, it satisfies me. Or, it could be a shot of a fire hydrant. However, I have not been 'wowed' by my own photos, so that is a bit of a problem I hope, soon, I can distill the essence of what 'interested' me, that is my hope.

The photographer you mentioned, Benedict Morgan, I only found a wedding photographer from Merbourne Austraila. Nothing 'conceptual' about his work, so that must not be the one you had in mind.

Being 'new', is not that interesting. Being interesting, is.

carstenw

Ah, interesting. I am surprised that he isn't found in a search, since he uses his own name for the website, but I guess he needs to do some SEO Found on the Petapixel site.

http://benedictmorgan.com/

akul

Oh, thanks for the link. Great works there. Almost looks 3D generated. Quite interesting.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2913

akul wrote:
Hi Carsten,

I am sort of at the opposite I guess. I do not consider any of my photos to be great, but I do not care. There are something that keeps me get interested. Even when they are cliche landscape shot, if I find something that is interesting to me, whether that works with the cliche land or not, it satisfies me. Or, it could be a shot of a fire hydrant. However, I have not been 'wowed' by my own photos, so that is a bit of a problem I hope, soon, I can distill the essence of what 'interested' me, that is my hope.

The photographer you mentioned, Benedict Morgan, I only found a wedding photographer from Merbourne Austraila. Nothing 'conceptual' about his work, so that must not be the one you had in mind.

Being 'new', is not that interesting. Being interesting, is.

+1. Well said.

carstenw

akul wrote:
I am sort of at the opposite I guess. I do not consider any of my photos to be great, but I do not care. There are something that keeps me get interested. Even when they are cliche landscape shot, if I find something that is interesting to me, whether that works with the cliche land or not, it satisfies me. Or, it could be a shot of a fire hydrant. However, I have not been 'wowed' by my own photos, so that is a bit of a problem

Well, I guess I somehow think similarly, except that in trying to rediscover the wow that I used to have, I have gone through the previously mentioned thoughts.

I am not trying to be famous, but the more time goes on (I am 47, and have owned an SLR or similar since I was 12), the less satisfied I am when I take a good photo which is very similar to previous work by someone else.

hauxon
Total Posts: 1709

Great shots Ronny and Carsten!

Waterfall Dynjandi.
Final image stitched from six vertical shots with the Zeiss 21/2.8 ZE.

carstenw

Whoa! Impressive.

tzic
Total Posts: 77

hauxon wrote:
Great shots Ronny and Carsten!

Waterfall Dynjandi.
Final image stitched from six vertical shots with the Zeiss 21/2.8 ZE.

Great pano. Your flickr stream is awesome also!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2154

carstenw wrote:
Whoa! Impressive.

+1
Love it

Haha .. thought to add landscape shot but skip it after that shot Hauxon

Thank's !

carstenw

My contest shot from this month (D800, ZF35/1.4@1.4):

Grenache
Total Posts: 1849

Just acquired a CZJ Biotar 2/58. From images of the lens, I fully expected it to be large and heavy, like the Rokkor. Instead, it is tiny and as light as a feather. It is similar in weight to the plastic Sigma 35mm for NEX.

How fun.

Ronny _Olsson

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

carstenw

He looks like he just ate a lemon

James Markus
Total Posts: 4361

Ronny...aka...the snail whisperer...Great image!

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

nalahm
Total Posts: 238

contax N70-200 and 6D easy to bring 3D effect

akul

Hauxon - Wow
Carsten - Love that shot. Color of light reflecting on whiite wall, the bokeh, beautiful
Ronny - Great moment of snail !
nalham - Whether 3D or not 3D, I like the shot..

nalahm
Total Posts: 238

thanks akul

one more
6D+N70-200

Krosavcheg
Total Posts: 2672

Ronny, one more shot like that and I will fall in love with snails..
erm...now it looks a bit 18+ to me....

ok, I'd better stop now....

Ronny _Olsson

Thanks guys

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

1       2       3              188      
       190              219       220       end