Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of licorisher's message #9935853 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »

licorisher
Upload & Sell: Off
Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

SpanishDoug:
Is the GXR battery same as any other battery on the market? I haven't checked but sometimes you can buy Hahnel batteries and other brands on the cheap. The usually are equally good nowadays. With Li-Ion I find the quality often lies in the charger.

Ron, the batterylife is ok, but not great. Batteries were on the cheap side over here though, so I have three. And they are small. I think I get some 200 shots out of the GXR, which I could stretch a little if I adjust the sleep mode I guess. In many of those shots I have goofed around with fly-by-wire focus and macro so battery drainage in average use is ok.

With the GXR module and the ZM18 I think I will get plenty extra shots as I will turn off the rear LCD and use an optical 28 mm finder for the distant shots.

If the GXR M (which according to DHL is out for delivery today...) is a keeper I will start bugging Ricoh about a GXR body with a tiltable LCD. And a clip on hood for it.
Having said that I have yet to have an occasion where I haven't managed without the tilt. But it would be a knee saver with a tiltable LCD.

Sep 21, 2011 at 07:39 AM
licorisher
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

Ron, the batterylife is ok, but not great. Batteries were on the cheap side over here though, so I have three. And they are small. I think I get some 200 shots out of the GXR, which I could stretch a little if I adjust the sleep mode I guess. In many of those shots I have goofed around with fly-by-wire focus and macro so battery drainage in average use is ok.

With the GXR module and the ZM18 I think I will get plenty extra shots as I will turn off the rear LCD and use an optical 28 mm finder for the distant shots.

If the GXR M (which according to DHL is out for delivery today...) is a keeper I will start bugging Ricoh about a GXR body with a tiltable LCD. And a clip on hood for it.
Having said that I have yet to have an occasion where I haven't managed without the tilt. But it would be a knee saver with a tiltable LCD.

Sep 21, 2011 at 07:30 AM

Previous versions of licorisher's message #9935853 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »