Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of licorisher's message #9933907 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »

licorisher
Upload & Sell: Off
Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

Thank you for chiming in. My A12M will be arriving tomorrow.

You have a nice set of lenses for it, I have been eyeballing the 40/1.4 and the 35/1.2 Nokton and I am keen to see what they can do on the GXR M. I found some quality samples i.e. images taken with top notch glass that I downloaded and that put my mind at ease. I think I will be happy with the GXR M. It will probably do high ISO better than my M9 but will do worse in the low ISO, but still great.

I agree about the second, full screen magnified image - it works great and the toggle between magnified and full screen via the shutter button is well executed. It took me a while to figure it out. (No, I did not read the manual on that one...)

It bothers me to read when users or "reviewers" find the "enlarged pixels" distracting. I don't think they have the live view on the GXR figured out.
If you set it up properly it does not hamper the live view viewing and the "enlarged pixles" are just the one press before the actual magnified view and there just so you can move that area to your place of choice on the screen. Or leave it at midpoint.

I read today about a complaint on DPR/RicohTalk on the "enlarged pixels" but clearly that person hasn't figured out the proper use of the magnification process yet. I haven't an account there so I could not correct him, which is sad as people might think it is the camera at fault.

I will definitely keep the A12/50 macro module as it does things that alt glass can't do easily. Plus, it is a great lens. I am on the fence about the A12/28, it does well, but it is not as snappy as my Zeiss glass.

I don't think you should get rid of the R-D1, as long as you have cross platform lenses you can enjoy the different flavors of the cameras.

I might get one of the newer NEX cameras to widen my choices and see which one I feel comfortable with in the long run. The Ricoh is so well thought out that I will have a hard time parting with it though.

At the moment I have the ZM 18/4, 25/2.8 and 50/2 lenses. They are all keepers for the M9 but for the GXR I am looking at the Nokton 35/1.2 or 40/1.4 to replace the 50/2 and might go with the 18/4 and one of the Noktons as a base for the GXR (and/or NEX).

Sep 20, 2011 at 05:47 PM
licorisher

You have a nice set of lenses for it, I have been eyeballing the 40/1.4 and the 35/1.2 Nokton and I am keen to see what they can do on the GXR M. I found some quality samples i.e. images taken with top notch glass that I downloaded and that put my mind at ease. I think I will be happy with the GXR M. It will probably do high ISO better than my M9 but will do worse in the low ISO, but still great.

I agree about the second, full screen magnified image - it works great and the toggle between magnified and full screen via the shutter button is well executed. It took me a while to figure it out. (No, I did not read the manual on that one...)

It bothers me to read when users or "reviewers" find the "enlarged pixels" distracting. I don't think they have the live view on the GXR figured out.
If you set it up properly it does not hamper the live view viewing and the "enlarged pixles" are just the one press before the actual magnified view and there just so you can move that are to your place of choice on the screen.

I read today about a complaint on DPR/RicohTalk on the "enlarged pixels" but clearly that person hasn't figured out the proper use of the magnification process yet. I haven't an account there so I could not correct him, which is sad as people might think it is the camera at fault.

I will definitely keep the A12/50 macro module as it does things that alt glass can't do easily. Plus, it is a great lens. I am on the fence about the A12/28, it does well, but it is not as snappy as my Zeiss glass.

I don't think you should get rid of the R-D1, as long as you have cross platform lenses you can enjoy the different flavors of the cameras.

I might get one of the newer NEX cameras to widen my choices and see which one I feel comfortable with in the long run. The Ricoh is so well thought out that I will have a hard time parting with it though.

At the moment I have the ZM 18/4, 25/2.8 and 50/2 lenses. They are all keepers for the M9 but for the GXR I am looking at the Nokton 35/1.2 or 40/1.4 to replace the 50/2 and might go with the 18/4 and one of the Noktons as a base for the GXR (and/or NEX).

Sep 20, 2011 at 05:46 PM
licorisher

Sep 20, 2011 at 05:23 PM

Previous versions of licorisher's message #9933907 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »