Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #9555148 « Shooting with Tubes »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Shooting with Tubes

I had the opportunity today to shoot with an old Nikon manual focus lens, the 80-200 f/4.5 AI which at the time of its release was intended to demonstrate that one could get great photos with a zoom lens as well as with a prime lens. This is an old push pull design and because of its age, the zoom cylinder is about as loose as it could get. Fortunately, the optical elements of the lens are in great shape, as is the cosmetic condition. I would prefer a tighter zoom cylinder, but this is what I bought for $75... not too bad a deal at all considering how well it performs.

Here is a shot I took late this afternoon with two tubes attached, a total of 48mm. This was shot wide open in Manual Mode at 1/200th of a second. Not much light in the late afternoon, especially with tubes attached, so wide open left a fairly narrow depth of field. This was particularly challenging because the wind kept gusting, bouncing the flowers about. Oh well...

May 03, 2011 at 08:55 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #9555148 « Shooting with Tubes »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.