Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of roboticspro's message #9124027 « canon fd 800mm 5.6 L »

roboticspro
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: canon fd 800mm 5.6 L

Hi, I had one of those monsters back in the film days; it now resides at Eglin AFB as a robotic telescope, used by my oldest son. I will be building an adapter (FD-EOS) for it based on the info that Aaaron D posted earlier. I plan on visiting down there after the New Year to give it a try. I am also trying to get ahold of a Sony NEX to FD adapter...that combo yields EFOV of 1200mm at f5.6! Here is one of the Canon FD to EOS adapters on eBay; very expensive! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110618983218&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT It is a sweet lens, and the rack & pinion focussing had friction adjust so you could control your focus tracking pretty well. I hope you can find a good one on the used market...I paid $1700.00 for mine still smelling new in the mid 1990\'s, from an estate sale (right place-right time). Good Luck!, Edd

Dec 13, 2010 at 05:49 PM
roboticspro
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: canon fd 800mm 5.6 L

Hi,

I had one of those monsters back in the film days; it now resides at Eglin AFB as a robotic telescope, used by my oldest son. I will be building an adapter (FD-EOS) for it based on the info that Aaaron D posted earlier. I plan on visiting down there after the New Year to give it a try. I am also trying to get ahold of a Sony NEX to FD adapter...that combo yields EFOV of 1600mm at f5.6!

Here is one of the Canon FD to EOS adapters on eBay; very expensive!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110618983218&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It is a sweet lens, and the rack & pinion focussing had friction adjust so you could control your focus tracking pretty well.

I hope you can find a good one on the used market...I paid $1700.00 for mine still smelling new in the mid 1990\'s, from an estate sale (right place-right time).

Good Luck!,

Edd

Dec 13, 2010 at 02:05 PM

Previous versions of roboticspro's message #9124027 « canon fd 800mm 5.6 L »