Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Jman13's message #8386214 « Samyang 14mm on 5D2 »

Jman13
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Samyang 14mm on 5D2

I\'m a rare person who thinks that a little distortion is the end of the world, as it can usually be corrected enough in post processing to negate any real issue. However, this distortion is enough to ruin images. As I\'d use it mostly for architecture, it\'d kill my ability to use it. I\'m hoping he had some oddly decentered elements or something, as I notice the field curvature in his test images to be massively extreme (relatively sharp lower corners, sharp upper center, but completely blurry sides and top corners which are subjects far away.) We\'ll see if other people have the same experiences. If so, I\'ll pass. It seems to me that the original images posted, though, are far better than these, and that was before the lens was redesigned to IMPROVE the optical quality. These are also nowhere near the quality of the images posted on the Samyang website...could they be doing massive correction? Yeah, but I\'ll wait for more reviews to make sure this isn\'t just a one off terribly aligned copy.

Apr 21, 2010 at 04:45 AM

Previous versions of Jman13's message #8386214 « Samyang 14mm on 5D2 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.