Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Paul Buff's message #8228991 « Einstein questions answered »

Paul Buff
Upload & Sell: On
Einstein questions answered

Apparently this topic has been locked, yet legitimate questions remain, which I shall answer here. Moderators - if my presence is not desired on FM, just let me know and I will cease posting.

Question 1:

Paul, does adding an Einstein like reliable communications port to the Zeus make engineering and business sense?

Answer: Sorry, this doesn't make economic sense. To properly implement this would require a complete new product. Ir's very hard to implement IGBT control when capacitors are shared to multiple heads.The current Zeus is considered, by the remote, as a single light. We're I to try to implement IGBT control and remote of the channels separately it would be impossible to obtain any degree of accuracy since what one channel asks from the caps affects what is available to the other channel. Plus, each flash head has a different duration and color temperature so the task of creating the sort of accuracy and control found in Einstein would fall somewhere between impossible and a system even more complex and expensive than Bron.

Mar 11, 2010 at 06:18 PM
Paul Buff
Upload & Sell: On
Einstein questions answered

Question 1:

Paul, does adding an Einstein like reliable communications port to the Zeus make engineering and business sense?

Answer: Sorry, this doesn't make economic sense. To properly implement this would require a complete new product. Ir's very hard to implement IGBT control when capacitors are shared to multiple heads.The current Zeus is considered, by the remote, as a single light. We're I to try to implement IGBT control and remote of the channels separately it would be impossible to obtain any degree of accuracy since what one channel asks from the caps affects what is available to the other channel. Plus, each flash head has a different duration and color temperature so the task of creating the sort of accuracy and control found in Einstein would fall somewhere between impossible and a system even more complex and expensive than Bron.

Mar 11, 2010 at 06:01 PM

Previous versions of Paul Buff's message #8228991 « Einstein questions answered »