Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of MarkB1's message #7182291 « Post Your Set Up! »

MarkB1
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Post Your Set Up!

This is my setup - a work in progress. A pro-sumer cam and achromat/s using mostly on-board flash. The plastic 'tube' is lined with plastic foil, the diffusing material is white synthetic stiffening from the haberdashers - I have various materials I am trying out over time. The tube/folded sheet is attached to the pop-up flash by a spot of velcro and a small piece of (very sticky) gaffer tape on the Raynox housing, and because it forms an angle of approx 100' on the base it can be flipped to light the subject from right, left or centre as required. It works with my varying working distances.

It works the way it is because the lens is internally zooming, no Pinnochio effect, which I think is just the way it should be for macro - that way hunting is minimal when it happens.

The tripod is for hanging things on.

Edit : The whole process is documented here : http://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/

Oops! The pix disappeared. A problem when one is deleted from a source location ...

And something from SteB/Steven that helps with my diffusion ...

Feb 22, 2013 at 08:58 AM
MarkB1

This is my setup - a work in progress. A pro-sumer cam and achromat/s using mostly on-board flash. The plastic 'tube' is lined with plastic foil, the diffusing material is white synthetic stiffening from the haberdashers - I have various materials I am trying out over time. The tube/folded sheet is attached to the pop-up flash by a spot of velcro and a small piece of (very sticky) gaffer tape on the Raynox housing, and because it forms an angle of approx 100' on the base it can be flipped to light the subject from right, left or centre as required. It works with my varying working distances.

Edit : The whole process is documented here : http://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/

Oops! The pix disappeared. A problem when one is deleted from a source location ...

And something from SteB/Steven that helps with my diffusion ...

Dec 21, 2012 at 03:24 AM
MarkB1

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:41 AM
MarkB1

This is my setup - a work in progress. A pro-sumer cam and achromat/s using mostly on-board flash. The plastic 'tube' is lined with plastic foil, the diffusing material is white synthetic stiffening from the haberdashers - I have various materials I am trying out over time. The tube/folded sheet is attached to the pop-up flash by a spot of velcro and a small piece of (very sticky) gaffer tape on the Raynox housing, and because it forms an angle of approx 100' on the base it can be flipped to light the subject from right, left or centre as required. It is a bit of a Pinochio at times but it works for now, with my varying working distances.

Edit : The whole shebang can be seen here : http://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/

Sep 01, 2010 at 05:06 AM
MarkB1

This is my setup - a work in progress. A pro-sumer cam and achromat/s using mostly on-board flash. The plastic 'tube' is lined with plastic foil, the diffusing material is white synthetic stiffening from the haberdashers - I have various materials I am trying out over time. The tube/folded sheet is attached to the pop-up flash by a spot of velcro and a small piece of (very sticky) gaffer tape on the Raynox housing, and because it forms an angle of approx 100' on the base it can be flipped to light the subject from right, left or centre as required. It is a bit of a Pinochio at times but it works for now, with my varying working distances.

My external flash looks more or less the same as others and when I work out a cheapie bracket for it I might use it more, might. And never mind the tripod, it is usually used for hanging stuff on.

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Previous versions of MarkB1's message #7182291 « Post Your Set Up! »