Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of thrice's message #6356316 « Leica 90mm Summicron-R »

thrice
Upload & Sell: Off
Leica 90mm Summicron-R

Call me a doubter but I always thought all this \"leica glow\" and \"leica colour\" stuff is a bit of garbage...

I just got the adapters for my Summicron-R 90/2 and 35/2 and I have to say I\'m a convert.

I\'ve only fired off a few shots with the 90 but I must say it\'s one of the most underrated lenses I\'ve ever used. It has a little purple fringing and longitudinal chromatic aberration, but it\'s not around OOF highlights so it\'s not very noticeable. I am amazed at the colours that come straight from RAW files with just lightroom default import settings (+50 brightness +25 contrast). I\'ve exported some jpeg\'s resized to 1000pix on the longest edge and used lightroom\'s \"sharpen for screen\" at standard in the output. All are sRGB. Sorry about the boring subject matter

All shot wide open at varying ISO (see exif) note I got the programmed focus confirm adapters from big_is... 3 business days to Australia! Very impressive - So all my shots record as 90mm f/2.0 with this lens. Great build quality with the very tiniest amount of wiggle if I try hard (same as I get with my EF lenses so no biggie).

Look at the colours on this one!

Once again sorry for the boring subject matter! I\'ll have to compare this to my 85/1.8 and 135/2L ASAP

Nov 07, 2008 at 04:51 AM

Previous versions of thrice's message #6356316 « Leica 90mm Summicron-R »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.