Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Pixel Perfect's message #14286114 « Aperture on its Last Leg - Replacement? »

Pixel Perfect
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Aperture on its Last Leg - Replacement?

gdsf2 wrote:
Capture One Pro

IMO the two best converters right now are Capture One Pro 11 and DxO Photolab. DxO purchased Nik from Google and incorporated Nikís U=point tech as well as brush and gradient tools to do localised adjustments. Itís lens profiles are better than Adobes, it extracts more detail and offers more features. It can appear daunting at first but you donít have to use all of the panels and can turn off the little used ones. Iím just as proficient in DxO as LR now. Capture One is alos amazing and has had localised adjustments via layers for a long time and further improved this in v11. It also has the best colour handling and is extracting superb detail from my files. The only thing I hate is how it handles catalogs. An interesting alternative is Luminaire, but at this stage it seems too basic for my liking, unless Iím issuing something, but it can turn out very nice results. Iím waiting for the big update before giving it another go.

Almost forgot about RAW Therapee, has a good following, is free, is feature packed and is regularly updated. Havenít tried it yet, but will give it a whirl over the X-mas break

Try DxO Photolab and C1 Pro 11 and I think youíll be impressed .

Dec 11, 2017 at 09:02 PM

Previous versions of Pixel Perfect's message #14286114 « Aperture on its Last Leg - Replacement? »