Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #14248202 « best well-designed monitor for photo editing? »

R.H. Johnson
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: best well-designed monitor for photo editing?

i just purchased a BenQ SWQ2700PT it arrived yesterday. i am in the process of evaluating it as i type. i don't know what the hell was wrong with me. it is absolutely a must to have a good wide gamut monitor.

with that said, i am utterly blown away by the difference from my Samsung compared to the BenQ 2700. the only complaint i would have is i paid $657.00 for it new. they were out of the refurbs when i bought mine. i have not calibrated it yet so i'm still straight out of the box. i think the brightness is set too high.

i read a review somewhere and it mentioned that the factory setting for brightness was a bit on the high side. i forgot what he said he set the brightness to. i guess i will get it right when i calibrate the darn thing. i did not see any dead pixels and the monitor appears to be illuminated evenly across the screen. albeit, it seems to be just a tad bit brighter right at the edges where the panel intersect the bezel. if anyone knows the proper value to set the brightness, i would surely like to know. thank you in advance.

Nov 09, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #14248202 « best well-designed monitor for photo editing? »