Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of DavidBM's message #14247017 « Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens! »

DavidBM
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

DavidBM wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
DavidBM wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
GMPhotography wrote:
Interesting . I don’t have a issue with compressed raw, never have. Can we set to very low continuous though. I hate to spray

I think that if the goal is to avoid distortion, the higher fps the better. However, Sony didn't specified.

This is mighty weird

Here's a possibility:

At high FPS and compressed raw it goes to 12 bit (Counterintuitively it seems that with uncompressed it now stays at 14 which is an improvement on A7rII)

Maybe the sensor can be scanned faster if you are only aiming for 12 bit? Not sure why; but I can't see any other explanation!

But it was already reported that precision won't drop to 12 bit in continuous shooting with the A7RIII.

The reports I read said that precision doesn't drop with continuous uncompressed shooting, but still does with continuous compressed. But I can't recall where I read that, sorry. So I'd better look...

and @GMphotography

From Imaging Resource:

"The A7R III offers 14-bit compressed and uncompressed RAW capture, in both mechanical shutter and electronic shutter/silent shooting modes. The camera does drop to 12-bit RAWs when shooting in continuous burst mode using the compressed RAW format or when Long Exposure NR is enabled. (Uncompressed RAW file format maintains the full 14-bit data depth.)"

Nov 08, 2017 at 08:58 PM

Previous versions of DavidBM's message #14247017 « Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.