Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of GeorgeBo's message #14246167 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

GeorgeBo
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
gbohannon wrote:
Chris Dees wrote:
gbohannon wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Has anyone tried the new "Luminar" editor
It says very similar to Lightroom
I may give it a try when I get back

R

I tried it and quite like it. But it doesn't have DAM yet. Once they incorporate that (sometime in 2018) it will be in the running for me.

Anyone tried DxO Photolab? I thought about giving them a look. Especially since they acquired the NIK products.

Really looking for a LR replacement. GIMP has what I need for a Photoshop replacement.

G

Forgot to say DxO doesn't support Fuji RAW and stated they're not going to implement it either.
So, no option for you I guess.

Very important point. I did not realize that! Won't waste my time with the trial of that.

George

Can always use Fuji's or Adobe's convert to DNG, then it doesn't matter what software you use.

Yeah, I guess I could go that route. Post processing is the one thing that I really do not enjoy. So looking to use the minimal steps possible

In a perfect world, I would just use the jpeg right out of the camera (+RAW for backup) and am working toward that for black and white shots.

I have been doing a fair amount testing with Custom Picture Control profiles on the Df for in camera processing and am liking how that is going. Of course the Fuji has a lot of profiles standard.

For now, I am putting this back off to the side. Spending too much time analyzing and not out shooting. Will stick with LR for the time being.

Plus I have a lot of great photos on this threat that everyone has posted the last week or so that I have to go back and take time to look at.

G

Nov 08, 2017 at 08:41 AM

Previous versions of GeorgeBo's message #14246167 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.