Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Luvwine's message #14241795 « Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar »

Luvwine
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar for $999

te4o wrote:
There was a word of 2 side effects of having this immaculate optics which would be: heavy and difficult to achieve focus.
Heavy is easy to know - it is objective .
Focus is subjective: is it really a problem to focus more than any other manual Zeiss/or MF lens for portraits, street, landscape, casual use? More difficult than the Zeiss 100/2?

I find the lens easy to focus as it is so sharp that when I use focus peeking, it lights up like crazy when I hit focus. I admit that small movements at infinity are necessary, but it is not hard to me and easy to know when you are on it. I was wandering around the neighborhood looking to take pics of fall leaves (such as they are) with my wife today. I took ONE pic of her with the CV 65. Here is it, wide open with a small crop off the top:

Here is a 100% crop with no sharpening:

Nov 04, 2017 at 03:36 PM

Previous versions of Luvwine's message #14241795 « Official: Voigtlander 65mm f/2 Macro Apo-Lanthar »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.