Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of joeybk85's message #14239814 « US Southwest trip - Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc »

joeybk85
Upload & Sell: Off
US Southwest trip - Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc

Recently got back from a road trip to Utah and Arizona. This wasn't a photography specific trip because I was with my wife and daughter, but I did manage to get out a few times for sunrise and sunset. Here are my favourite photos from the trip.

1. Canyon Overlook, Zion

This shot was taken a few hours after sunrise, but the sun was hidden by some soft clouds, so the lighting wasn't too harsh. 100MP panorama. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 35mm f/1.4

2. Inspiration Point Sunrise, Bryce Canyon

There was some lightning in the distance but wasn't able to capture any unfortunately. The fog was rolling in so I was lucky to get this photo before it was too thick. 94MP panorama. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 35mm f/1.4

3. Dead Horse Point State Park Sunset

This is more of a sunrise spot, but I'm still pretty happy with how this turned out. There was a guy next to me shooting with 4 cameras as the same time. I'd love to see his photos! 100MP panorama. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 35mm f/1.4

4. Monument Valley Sunset

Not too many clouds in this one, but I still like the subtle tones in the sky. Such a beautiful place. 60MP panorama. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 35mm f/1.4

5. Horseshoe Bend Sunset

This place is way overdone, but I couldn't not do it I got there like 1 and a half hours early to secure a spot. I think I did manage to get one of the best ones. It was super windy and my tripod was right on the edge. I'm not afraid of heights but this was still pretty scary, especially with all the people around. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 10-24mm f/4

6. Antelope Canyon

This place is a zoo, packed with people. Still worth seeing IMO, it's incredible. I booked the photo tour and somehow I was the only person on my tour! Other photo tour groups had like 15+ people. I was really lucky and my guide was great and making sure I got my shots. Shot with Fuji X-T2 and 10-24mm f/4

The American Southwest is such a beautiful place. Can't wait to go back. Not sure where my favourite place was.

I also went to the Grand Canyon but the conditions weren't great for photography; the canyon was kind of hazy and the sky didn't have a single cloud. My best shot of the Grand Canyon is this one:

Comments and criticism welcome!

Nov 02, 2017 at 07:47 PM

Previous versions of joeybk85's message #14239814 « US Southwest trip - Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.