Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of engardeknave's message #14232633 « Canon 11-24 GFX Surgery »

engardeknave
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon 11-24 GFX Surgery

Finally got an adapter today to test Canon lenses on the GFX50s. I was especially gunning for compatibility with the Canon 11-24mm. I use this lens constantly, and I really don't want to go back to using primes for a particular task. Even if I did, there is no 16mm equivalent. Neither of the TSEs or even the PC-Es.

I knew it would vignette on the hood at around 14mm, which is fine. Unfortunately, I discovered that the rear baffle gets caught in the frame at greater focal lengths, giving me only ~14.2-17.5mm. The whole point was to get the ideal 18mm-23mm.

With little testing of the lens to confirm even that I'm going to use it, or any research on the topic at all, the event that transpired is documented below. Result: Full clearance up to 24mm.

Oct 28, 2017 at 08:04 AM
engardeknave
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon 11-24 GFX Surgery

Finally got an adapter today to test Canon lenses on the GFX50s. I was especially gunning for compatibility with the Canon 11-24mm. I use this lens constantly, and I really don't want to go back to using primes for a particular task. Even if I did, there is no 16mm equivalent. Neither of the TSEs or even the PC-Es.

I knew it would vignette on the hood at around 14mm, which is fine. Unfortunately, I discovered that the rear baffle gets caught in the frame at greater focal lengths, giving me only ~14.2-17.5mm. The whole point was to get the ideal 18mm-23mm.

With little testing of the lens to even confirm that I'm going to use it, or any research on the topic at all, the event that transpired is documented below. Result: Full clearance up to 24mm.

Oct 27, 2017 at 08:45 PM

Previous versions of engardeknave's message #14232633 « Canon 11-24 GFX Surgery »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.