Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #14230567 « National Park Service Proposes Significant Fee Hike »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: National Park Service Proposes Significant Fee Hike

mdude85 wrote:
gdanmitchell wrote:

Two thoughts here. First, the parks benefit all citizens in all states — directly when they visit our great parks and indirectly when local economies flourish. I think it is best to keep federal funding for supporting the parks. We managed to allocate enough money for this in the past. We can do it now.

Hm. Not everyone benefits equally though.

And also if I recall correctly, unfortunately the National Park Service has rarely had the funding it really needs. That is especially true since the 1950s when visitation skyrocketed after WWII. That being said, it has been pretty efficient with the limited funds it does have.

I think we're on the same page here. The park service has done a ton of good work, often working with insufficient budgets, especially recently.

And the visitation trend has been almost unbroken for about 3/4 of a century now... at a time when the cuts continue and political forces (including those in Utah I referred to earlier) want to _diminish_ our great public lands.

Dan

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #14230567 « National Park Service Proposes Significant Fee Hike »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.