Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of patotts's message #14218514 « Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review »

patotts
Upload & Sell: On
Re: FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

Fred Miranda wrote:

I really enjoyed shooting with the CV 40/1.2 today. It's a perfect walk-around lens mainly for its size and overall rendering.

This is exactly what I'm looking for to put on my A9. The camera serves as a speed machine at sports events during the weekend. It works very well for environmental portraits with the stellar 50/1.4 ZA, but I'm missing a lens that is small and light to put the camera for travel/walk-around AND at the same time comes with a bit of character and je-ne-sais-quoi. I found the FE 35/2.8 not to be to my liking. I love fast glass.

I was thinking of saving up for a Leica 35'lux ASPH, but 40mm seems to be a good compromise FL for me. Summicron 35/2 ASPH is certainly an alternative but it lacks that subject isolation and speed of the f/1.4 (or f/1.2 in the CV's case).

The PF scares me a bit. I'm an amateur shooter and I prefer to spend as little time as possible in post-processing and don't really want to tinker with that. Onion rings don't temp as well.

How would this compare to something like a Voigtlander 35/1.4 MC?

Choices... I'd love to pick something up and put on the camera for an upcoming business trip next week.

Oct 16, 2017 at 09:47 PM
patotts
Upload & Sell: On
Re: FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

Fred Miranda wrote:

I really enjoyed shooting with the CV 40/1.2 today. It's a perfect walk-around lens mainly for its size and overall rendering.

This is exactly what I'm looking for to put on my A9. It is a speed machine at sports events during the weekend. It works very well for environmental portraits with the stellar 50/1.4 ZA, but I'm missing a lens that is small and light to put the camera for travel/walk-around AND at the same time comes with a bit of character and je-ne-sais-quoi. I found the FE 35/2.8 not to be to my liking. I love fast glass.

I was thinking of saving up for a Leica 35'lux ASPH, but 40mm seems to be a good compromise FL for me. Summicron 35/2 ASPH is certainly an alternative but it lacks that subject isolation and speed of the f/1.4 (or f/1.2 in the CV's case).

The PF scares me a bit. I'm an amateur shooter and I prefer to spend as little time as possible in post-processing and don't really want to tinker with that. Onion rings don't temp as well.

How would this compare to something like a Voigtlander 35/1.4 MC?

Choices... I'd love to pick something up and put on the camera for an upcoming business trip next week.

Oct 16, 2017 at 09:06 PM

Previous versions of patotts's message #14218514 « Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Review »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.