Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Holger's message #14215478 « DxOmark: FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM, Highest-rated wide-angle zoom »

Holger
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: DxOmark: FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM, Highest-rated wide-angle zoom

mttran wrote:
Holger wrote:
mttran wrote:
Holger wrote:
mttran wrote:
^^^ but how we fix the unpredictable flapping mirror(s) that causes most oof in dslr regardless good or bad lenses.

Your comments get weirder every time.

My DSLRs deliver. My A9, too. I recommend workshops showing you how to get sharp images with DSLRS. Not that difficult.

- Edited-

I have an impression that you have never had any oof from your dslr. I have a fair number of sharp one and lot of oof one from my 1/5 dseries (and all calibrated lenses) all the times, not weirds but scientific facts. I did not say that dslr can't deliver but the chances to have a best one is like picking a lottery. This is why dslr has MAF build in (but good only for fixed dof) and still required multiple shots to compensate the mirror(s) error(s). Don't believe me: try 35L,50L,85L...

The tenor of your posts was certainly not a balanced one, but more into ridiculing dslrs. People here know quite well about fine tuning. But you exaggerate and generalise greatly ("lottery", "fair number", "lot of oof"). I use fast lenses all the time at weddings and no, we don't have problems getting sharp images in the vast majority of times, as do lots of my colleagues we are in contact with. The number of oof shots is larger than with the A9 but not the issue you blow it up to. Otherwise the huge majority of pros would have used mirrorless starting their introduction, exclusively. The last to dslrs we mainly use(d) (D810, D750 and 5div) are(were) extremely reliable. You could use the 5div with dpaf, too, giving you efcs and similar accuracy if you need to be 100% sure. I don't say the MILCs don't have an advantage, They do. But it is not as blow up as you make it.

Believe whatever you want but let the number of oof periodic threads from each forum conceal which milc/dslr system is a better platform base for engineering model to grow. There are good number of reasons why Sony engineers broke those mirror(s) - why don't you start from there

There are a good number of reason. Sure. But that is not what we talk about. It is your exclamation that it is a literally "lottery" to get an in-focus shot. For people knowing what they are doing it certainly is not.

Oct 14, 2017 at 02:41 AM

Previous versions of Holger's message #14215478 « DxOmark: FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM, Highest-rated wide-angle zoom »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.