Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of twomblywhite's message #14213604 « Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059 »

twomblywhite
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: In stock: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

teh_rebel wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
DavidBM wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
I just got the CV 40/1.2 Nokton and this is a nicely built lens. I just run a quick test at infinity and learned a lot from it. I will post some results soon.

Come on, spoilers, give us spoilers!

I can say for sure the lens is sharp at center starting at f/1.7. It's just as good as the CV 35/1.7 but this one is wide-open. There are some cons though.
Tomorrow I will post some crops and my thoughts on it.

Hey Fred
Can you also post a photo comparison of the lens between the CV 35/1.7 and the 40/1.2? Also mounted on the body. Curious to see the size difference. Thanks!

There are images of both of you do a quick search but yes, a side-by-side would be nice and appreciated.

I think I prefer the ergonomics and aesthetics of the 35/1.7 Ultron - narrower and not much longer (if at all) with adapter. The 40/1.2 is super-wide-barreled and the focus ring in really close to the mount. Seems like it would be a tight fit near the grip for my fingers. I also prefer the focus ring to be a bit farther out.

Oct 12, 2017 at 04:53 PM

Previous versions of twomblywhite's message #14213604 « Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059 »