Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of memoria's message #14207529 « Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF »

memoria
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use F...

I've just switched to Fuji and X-T2. I've been shooting weddings professionally since 2008 - mainly with Canon full frames and pretty much all of their models throughout the years.

I finally got sick and tired of the heavy equipment and wanted something lighter for my 14-16 hour shootings. Tried Canon APS-C models. Didn't like them. Thought that APS-C still looks like APS-C and nothing smaller could ever match my FF sensor.

Enter Fuji X system. I rented a few different models and actually tried them on paid work (X-T1, XPro2 and X-T2). The X-T2 finally pushed me over the fence. I fell in love straight away.

I've traded in one of my Canon full frames (5D4) for an X-T2 with some great glass. Keeping my 6D2 and 24-70/70-200 2.8 setup for a phase out period of a year or so. But I feel already that I won't keep them that long.

From a technical perspective, FujiFilm is more than ready for professional work. No question about it. Maybe some more 1.2 (23/1.2) lenses and radio-triggered flashes (do it Fuji) and I'm all set.

At the end of the day, it's not about the sensor size per se - it's about which lenses you have to put in front of it.

Oct 06, 2017 at 11:35 PM
memoria
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use F...

I've just switched to Fuji and X-T2. I've been shooting weddings professionally since 2008 - mainly with Canon full frames and pretty much all of their models throughout the years.

I finally got sick and tired of the heavy equipment and wanted something lighter for my 14-16 hour shootings. Tried Canon APS-C models. Didn't like them. Thought that APS-C still looks like APS-C and nothing smaller could ever match my FF sensor.

Enter Fuji X system. I rented a few different models and actually tried them on paid work (X-T1, XPro2 and X-T2). The X-T2 finally pushed me over the fence. I fell in love straight away.

I've traded in one of my Canon full frames (5D4) for an X-T2 with some great glass. Keeping my 6D2 and 24-70/70-200 2.8 setup for a phase out period of a year or so. But I feel already that I won't keep them that long.

From a technical perspective, FujiFilm is more than ready for professional work. No question about it. Maybe some more 1.2 (23/1.2) lenses and radio-triggered flashes (do it Fuji) and I'm all set. It's not about the sensor size - it's about which lenses you have to put in front of it.

Oct 06, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Previous versions of memoria's message #14207529 « Nikon manager says professional photographers don't use Fujifilm only FF »