Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of jaybr's message #14206456 « The Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 FE is coming! »

jaybr
Upload & Sell: Off
The Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 FE is coming!

A fool eh?
It never ceases to amaze me how arrogant self professed "experts" think they know better than everyone else. I have my own reasons to buy this lens, so your ignorant opinion is meaningless to me.

Anyway, happily my Voigtlander FE 40mm f1.2 arrived this morning. I've just done some quick basic tests.

First Impressions:

1. The lens is gorgeous, chunky and weighty in a good way. You feel your money is well spent.
2. Handling is lovely, focus ring is perfectly dampened, and the aperture ring is easy to find and adjust whilst keeping the camera to your eye.
3. Wide open performance is good, but unfortunately LoCa is prominent in the centre and edges. Happily this disappears and is unnoticeable from f2.2, which is the sweet spot for this lens.
4. Vignetting is surprisingly low at all apertures, distortion is minor pincushion.
5. Rendering is gorgeous, though the bokeh is just average. The bokeh has noticeable onion rings and green outlining, and the straight blades become noticeable at f2.8
6. On the upside, sun stars are awesome from f2.2 😊

So far, I love this thing.
If you're ok with dealing with LoCa in post, this lens is a winner guys 👍
J

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:23 AM

Previous versions of jaybr's message #14206456 « The Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 FE is coming! »