Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #14206324 « Sony's October Surprise- any guesses? »

AGeoJO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?

joelRichards wrote:
AGeoJO wrote:
chez wrote:
AGeoJO wrote:
chez wrote:
AGeoJO wrote:

Frankly, I got a hunch that the physical dimension of the future full frame cameras will be that of the A9, utilizing the larger battery and Sony will keep the smaller battery for the A6000-series cameras.

I want one battery that works in all my cameras. That is one of the beauties of the existing A7...A6 system. I use my A6000 as a backup and a camera when I'm not out specifically for photography like dinner. The really nice thing with taking along the A6000 is that it is the only piece of equipment I need for a full backup. It shares batteries, chargers, cards, lenses etc... with it's bigger brother, the A7R2.

I'm ok with the battery life on the A7 series. It's more important for me to keep the size weight down and to have as much in common with the A6... cameras. Keep the big battery for the power hungry A9 series and leave the A7/6 series as is.

I am OK with the same battery, too and I do have several and so far, I never get caught without any fresh battery using two bodies in the field. But the main and repeated complaints are about the battery life. Come to think of it, probably the most complaints did come from people that currently do not own Sony cameras yet or in the process of looking into getting a Sony camera but heard about the short battery life and they regurgitate the complaints.

The best bet or compromise Sony can do right now is to get an adapter that allows the small battery for usage in the A9 or whatever camera bodies Sony will introduce in the future. By doing that, we still can use our existing batteries and carry several of them and use the same batteries for both. People that only have the A9 or future camera bodies can just use the bigger batteries with larger capacity. Let's face it, since it is out there already Sony will introduce cameras with the larger batteries. BTW, it doesn't have to be Sony that can make/introduce that kind of battery adapter; a third party would be just fine and frankly, that kind of adapter is fairly easy to design and manufacture, at least it certainly looks like it.

That would be cool...but I still don't like the ever growing camera size and weight with each iteration. Love the size and weight of the original A7R.

I hear you, Harry, but the difference in size and weight is truly minimal and you are rewarded with a better grip-able and more solid feel of a camera body in the A9 with more direct-functioning buttons rather than having to go through the menu to change some camera settings.

I don't know about minimal. I love my A9 but I still have an A7. The difference is very noticeable. We're back in DSLR territory—although in the case of the A9 it is still much smaller than its direct peers.

FYI, I am not referring to the original A7 or A7r/s but to the second iteration of the camera line.

Oct 06, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #14206324 « Sony's October Surprise- any guesses? »