Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Dj R's message #14205828 « Tamron 45mm f/1.8 Price Drop. »

Dj R
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Tamron 45mm f/1.8 Price Drop.

BSPhotog wrote:
CA is really easily fixed in post most of the time, so I am really not offended by that. Things that I am drawn to with lenses are build, focus accuracy, sharpness, bokeh, and that unquantifiable seat-of-the-pants "Do I like to shoot with it?" factor.

@Dj R@ - Any chance you could shoot something like a ring at MFD? That'd help give an idea for us wedding folks how it does way up close.

Also, I noticed that most of your shots are at higher shutter speed. What happens when you try something silly like 1/20 or 1/10s? Does it stay sharp 1:1 on the D850 with the VC on?

WILL DO
I dimmed the lights last night at 10pm and shot a 1/10 with vc on. and it looked great on the d850
turned off vc, didn't look too good

love all the commentary, good points everyone.
it's a good question, 50 1.8g at $150 vs. this tamron $399
VC is not necessary for everyone, but it will come in handy for some.

****wedding shooters would like VC. poor light during cocktail hour? getting ready shots, for sure. and church, for sure!
there is no competition. this is a great all around FL on FF. it has VC, so in the situations above, if you don't want a 2.8 zoom, and you prefer prime, this would be a viable option.

think of it this way, for folks who don't understand 45mm.
24-70 is a general zoom for weddings, take two steps forward or backwards, and you can accomplish all of it with a 45mm.
45mm is RIGHT IN BETWEEN 24 and 70

also, the 50 1.8g will not be as sharp on a d850
I feel like this tamron is closer to a sigma art, with regard to sharpness
of course, sharpness isn't everything.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:49 PM
Dj R

BSPhotog wrote:
CA is really easily fixed in post most of the time, so I am really not offended by that. Things that I am drawn to with lenses are build, focus accuracy, sharpness, bokeh, and that unquantifiable seat-of-the-pants "Do I like to shoot with it?" factor.

@Dj R@ - Any chance you could shoot something like a ring at MFD? That'd help give an idea for us wedding folks how it does way up close.

Also, I noticed that most of your shots are at higher shutter speed. What happens when you try something silly like 1/20 or 1/10s? Does it stay sharp 1:1 on the D850 with the VC on?

WILL DO
I dimmed the lights last night at 10pm and shot a 1/10 with vc on. and it looked great on the d850

****wedding shooters would like VC. poor light during cocktail hour? getting ready shots, for sure. and church, for sure!
there is no competition. this is a great all around FL on FF. it has VC, so in the situations above, if you don't want a 2.8 zoom, and you prefer prime, this would be a viable option.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:43 PM
Dj R

BSPhotog wrote:

WILL DO

****wedding shooters would like VC. in dim reception halls, cocktail hour, getting ready, church!

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:40 PM

Previous versions of Dj R's message #14205828 « Tamron 45mm f/1.8 Price Drop. »