Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of loosetrucks's message #14204570 « Shot my first 2 weddings recently... ready to be judged...lol »

loosetrucks
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Shot my first 2 weddings recently... ready to be judged.....

Congrats on photographing your first two weddings!

Since the photos are numbered, it's a little hard to offer feedback on a per-photo basis. So instead, I'll offer some general advice on what has helped me on my journey from my very first wedding to today:

(1) Go full manual as soon as you can. Going full manual and using spot metering sped up my learning immensely.

(2) Along with number 1, learn to see light. The direction, amount, quality, color, and even lack of light all help to create a photo. Yes we may think adding a tint or fade will make our photos look similar to our favorite photographers, but chances are, their style of photography goes past their post-processing and has more to do about how they use light.

(3) Aim for a consistent post-processing look for all your photos. Your first photo and last photo have a faded/tinted look that's different than the entire set. While I'm sure this was intentional, it's far better to have your favorite shots stand out from the set through content, composition, moment, use of light, etc. The furthest I'd go is a black and white conversion. But inconsistencies between color edits in the same set tend to stick out like a sore thumb. So decide on your editing style and stick to it. In the long run having a larger body of work that looks and feels consistent will definitely pay off as you start adding weddings under your belt.

Try numbering the photos in your post. That way, we can reference specific photos when offering feedback/critique.

Oct 04, 2017 at 02:32 PM

Previous versions of loosetrucks's message #14204570 « Shot my first 2 weddings recently... ready to be judged...lol »