Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of freaklikeme's message #14202544 « Sony's October Surprise- any guesses? »

freaklikeme
Upload & Sell: Off
Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?

Rumor has it that were in for a surprise from Sony this month. Any guesses what it might be?

I think the a7III is expected, so it would only be a surprise if there were some substantial upgrades (36MP BSI? Same AF as the a9?). Perhaps it's an a9s or a9r? Possibilities, of course, but my guess is Sony will let the a9 stand alone and the other lines will continue their upgrade paths with some of the a9r's tech trickling down. The RX trio has had recent upgrades, though I guess the 10 and 100 are making the RX1rII look a little long in the tooth. Maybe they'll go a different route with an RX1 body and the stacked 24MP BSI from the a9r with it's AF. They could call it the RX1 Lightning. That would surprise me.

My guess/hope is that it will be a FF 18- 24MP (hopefully BSI) in an a6xxx series body. The a6300 seems like the best compromise for a sturdy mount with the least amount of bulk.

Oct 02, 2017 at 01:58 PM

Previous versions of freaklikeme's message #14202544 « Sony's October Surprise- any guesses? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.