Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of arbitrage's message #14201901 « D850 Ergonomics »

arbitrage
Upload & Sell: On
Re: D850 Ergonomics

Spectro wrote:
The one thing I was hoping to do that I haven't found a one button solution to is to change the Image Quality.
My dilemma is this. If I'm shooting a sport like hockey from the rink corner boards with a 70-200 and the play moves up ice I have set up the Movie record button to change quickly to DX mode giving me a FL equivalent crop of 300mm at 19mp. That's great.
The problem is if the play comes back quickly and I want to move back to full frame I don't want to be shooting at 45mp since I will be shooting short bursts. I want to move the full frame down to the medium setting at 25mp. So far the only option I have found is to set a fn button with the top choice of My Menu which I have programmed for Image Quality. It still requires me to make a choice in that setting of which IQ setting I want which is too time consuming on the fly.
This will mean leaving it in DX mode until a break in the action lets me make that change. Not the end of the world but it could result in being in too tight for some shots when the play is in close. My other option is to leave it in DX and use two cameras which is cumbersome when sitting on a small stool shooting through the corner photo hole.

I've only had the camera for a couple days so there may be an option I haven't discovered yet. If anyone knows of one please feel free to share.

You may be able to do what you want with the Photo Shooting Memory Banks. They are a confusing thing to set up. If the banks can store those separate modes (and keep everything else equal) then you can set the Movie Rec button to swap between the A-D banks with the rear control dial.

Oct 01, 2017 at 09:23 PM

Previous versions of arbitrage's message #14201901 « D850 Ergonomics »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.