Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #14200804 « Floe Lake (Rockwall) Kootenay National Park »

Scott Stoness
Upload & Sell: On
Floe Lake (Rockwall) Kootenay National Park

I left work after meetings on Wednesday, going late, and embarked on my 800m 11km hike (with last 4km containing 500m - puff puff puff with my tent lens, tripod, camera...). I hurried up the trail and missed the late light and just had time to set up my tent before it was dark. And then I was too tired/cold to hike in the dark.

So I got up at 5AM and started an 1.5 hour hike in the dark by myself. Did I mention that there was a sow and 2 cubs in the woods here the previous weekend (likely this one too ). Finally I got high enough to find my target picture. You decide if it was worth it but it sure felt like a beautiful scene.

Then I walked back down, meeting my son, who hiked in at 6am from the start of the trail, and went to sleep for 3 hours.Then we walked back up to the pass where my 28 year old son made me dinner while I took pictures. Then back down and a sleep and start all over for in close by Floe Lake.

[just yesterday one of my fellow tenters that met said the sow and 2 big cubs were only 100meters from my tent at night so I did not need to worry about them hiking up the hill He saw them as he was leaving ]

I think I walked 50km - and boy was I ready to quit at the end of day friday. Anyway, whether you like them or not - here are my best from the first morning.

Comments and feedback are appreciated. Scott 1-4 of 4

Oct 03, 2017 at 03:49 PM
Scott Stoness

I left work after meetings on Wednesday, going late, and embarked on my 800m 11km hike (with last 4km containing 500m - puff puff puff with my tent lens, tripod, camera...). I hurried up the trail and missed the late light and just had time to set up my tent before it was dark. And then I was too tired/cold to hike in the dark.

So I got up at 5AM and started an 1.5 hour hike in the dark by myself. Did I mention that there was a sow and 2 cubs in the woods here the previous weekend (likely this one too ). Finally I got high enough to find my target picture. You decide if it was worth it but it sure felt like a beautiful scene.

Then I walked back down, meeting my son, who hiked in at 6am from the start of the trail, and went to sleep for 3 hours.Then we walked back up to the pass where my 28 year old son made me dinner while I took pictures. Then back down and a sleep and start all over for in close by Floe Lake.

I think I walked 50km - and boy was I ready to quit at the end of day friday. Anyway, whether you like them or not - here are my best from the first morning.

Oct 02, 2017 at 04:31 AM
Scott Stoness

Oct 01, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Scott Stoness

Then I walked back down, meeting my son, who hiked in at 6am from the start of the trail, and went to sleep for 3 hours.

Then we walked back up to the pass where my 28 year old son made me dinner while I took pictures.

Then back down and a sleep and start all over for in close by Floe Lake.

I think I walked 50km - and boy was I ready to quit at the end of day friday.

Anyway, whether you like them or not - here are my best from the first morning.

Oct 01, 2017 at 04:10 PM
Scott Stoness

Then I walked back down, meeting my son, who hiked in at 6am from the start of the trail, and went to sleep for 3 hours.

Then we walked back up to the pass where my 28 year old son made me dinner while I took pictures.

Then back down and a sleep and start all over for in close by Floe Lake.

I think I walked 50km - and boy was I ready to quit at the end of day friday.

Anyway, whether you like them or not - here are my best from the first morning.

Sep 30, 2017 at 11:36 PM

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #14200804 « Floe Lake (Rockwall) Kootenay National Park »