Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of suteetat's message #14200352 « D850 issue? »

suteetat
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: D850 issue?

zhangyue wrote:

LV focus first, turn off LV, watch through OVF and dot, if it has arrow turn on, depend on its front or back focus, adjust fine tune until it is solid and match LV focusing. You don't need take a single image during whole process.

Also a tip, depend on your focus habit, (and you want always use one way for quick manual focusing) for precision focusing, I always go from MFD to infinity. So you want whenever dot start turn solid will be the perfect focusing fine tune location. This way works especially well for all older Nikon bodies so that you are less sensitive to wide range of confirmation dot. (I prefer this one than peaking actually in field.)

This tip is less necessary for D850 (though still helpful for lens is not super sharp), the dot confirmation seems perform quite well under all condition I tested so far, I am pretty sure manual focus confirmation is improved on D850 compare to any other Nikon body I used.

Thanks for the tip. While I find I have no problem with my Otus 28/1.4, My Otus 85/1.4, Noct Nikkor 58/1.2 and Zeiss 135/2 definitely can use more fine tuning.

Sep 30, 2017 at 09:16 AM

Previous versions of suteetat's message #14200352 « D850 issue? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.