Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sjms's message #14198078 « Screw Clamp vs Lever Clamp / RRS BH-40 vs Uniqball UBH 35X »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Screw Clamp vs Lever Clamp / RRS BH-40 vs Uniqball UBH 35X

gregfountain wrote:
The Uniqball has some pretty cool features, as mentioned above, but when I sold my Canon gear in favor of the XT2, I found it a bit overkill, so I sold it and bought the BH-40. Mine has a lever clamp, which I have no issues with, but if you plan on using knock-off L-plates, be advised that even the screw clamp may not hold it tight. I had a knock-off lens foot plate that I used with my 70-200/2.8L IS that would slip in the screw clamp that I had at the time, and I ended up having to add gaffers tape on the rails to prevent the camera and lens from sliding around in the plate.

I have to say that the basic design of the clamp is that of a vise in both versions. I prefer the idea of consistently made "precision" products (consistently dimensioned plates and mechanical actions) and the compound force and visual cues of the lever design itself. these thing I find more intuitive vs the knob that tells me nothing of position.

that being said and put to the side. your issue with even a screw clamp slipping is interesting so even the plate wedge angles were off too. sad.

Sep 28, 2017 at 08:07 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #14198078 « Screw Clamp vs Lever Clamp / RRS BH-40 vs Uniqball UBH 35X »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.