Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of wonderer's message #14196257 « Summer salvage - Part 7: The kingbird chicks look like adults! »

wonderer
Upload & Sell: On
Summer salvage - Part 7: My, how they've grown!

This set, from 7/20/17, follows that of the previous day (Part 6), but it almost looked like they aged a week overnight!

I apologize for not making this entire experience a little more streamlined, but I'm trying to pick the best or most unique to share from several hundred I took . The full set of all pictures is currently in the "Recent Pics" section of my SmugMug site. (There's a lot more there!)

1. Morning feeding; one of several rounds

2. Another round for the wide-mouth...

3. Alternate recipient

4. Eight days ago, the chicks were tiny fuzzheads.

5. Now they're testing their wings!

6. Though they'll soon fly, the parents will feed them for several more weeks (think about what it takes to catch those dragonflies in the air).

7. Things are getting a little tight in the nest.

10. Early on, prey could be split among the chicks. Not anymore.

11. This one on the edge of the nest had me on the edge of my seat wondering if that was going to be fledge day. It wasn't; at least not that I saw.

12. Lots of practice flaps

13. It might have been my imagination but sometimes it looked like the adults were doing their best to entice the chicks to fly...

Sep 26, 2017 at 05:57 PM

Previous versions of wonderer's message #14196257 « Summer salvage - Part 7: The kingbird chicks look like adults! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.