Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Mark Metternich's message #14195767 « Oregon Gorge Delicacy (with update) »

Mark Metternich
Upload & Sell: On
Oregon Gorge Delicacy

In light of the total delicacy and beauty some of us have had the opportunity to photograph in the Columbia River Gorge, and an almost infinite amount of other places in the US and around the world, I hope the devastating fires there and the recent hurricanes south of (and in) Florida, along with the flooding in Houston and such events... help us to realize it can all be gone in a blink of an eye. And even our very lives!

I'm now in a blooming relationship here in Florida and taking on the responsibility of three boys (aged 18, 16 and 14). Russell the 14 year old, has been in a new relationship this year with a wonderful girl of the same age. It now looks like she could have Leukemia (her name is Natalie, if you want to keep her in mind or prayer...).

Why do I bring this up? Life is more precious than we can know and these types of events remind me of that.

THIS PHOTO reminds me of that!

I took this in the Columbia River Gorge a couple years ago and now we are not sure if it has been destroyed by fire and landslides. My mom was raised on the very river of the Columbia River Gorge, and I have been hiking it since I was a toddler. To see the incredible fires raging recently there (via the news) was heartbreaking. I saw this information as I was displaced by the hurricane.

I hope we all can really deepen our appreciation for nature, our lives, the people in our lives, and the world around us as these disasters can teach us how precious and vulnerable it all is.

Canon [email protected]
Wonderpana Circular Polarizer
Sony A7R2
50 ISO
0.8 shutter
Single frame
Shot during the rain.

Thank you for looking.

Great light to you.

Mark

Sep 26, 2017 at 04:11 PM

Previous versions of Mark Metternich's message #14195767 « Oregon Gorge Delicacy (with update) »