Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sebboh's message #14192476 « Laowa 15mm f/2 FE: Rolling Review and Comparisons »

sebboh
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Laowa 15mm f/2 FE: Rolling Review and Comparisons

Fred Miranda wrote:
sebboh wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
sebboh wrote:
MedicineMan404 wrote:
Thanks again. Monies saved by me.
So much I love Sony, but for wide field astro I still wait for a lens with hard stop.

keep waiting. i can tell you with certainty that there is too much slop in sony's flange distance for any lens maker to make hard stop that will be accurate on all cameras sony a series cameras.

just set the infinity stop on the lens to match your camera (if you can) or mark on the distance scale where actual infinity is.

None of the Loxias or adapted ZF lenses I've tried have true infinity at the hard stop...This has a lot to do with temperature but also field curvature as well where 'true' infinity is zone dependent.

The Laowa is pretty much flat field and it's nice they calibrated true infinity to be right in the middle of the infinity symbol. I wish my other MF lenses were calibrated like this.

it's annoying, but i'm pretty sure they do it because of sony's low tolerances. when i take a lens off one camera and out it on another infinity is almost never in the same spot on the distance scale.

Even if the same exact camera model? (ex: A7RII)

yup.

Sep 23, 2017 at 09:05 PM

Previous versions of sebboh's message #14192476 « Laowa 15mm f/2 FE: Rolling Review and Comparisons »