Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Michael H's message #14191472 « Sports Photographs for Free »

Michael H
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sports Photographs for Free

I stepped away from youth sports quite a while ago. It only kept getting worse and worse.

While I certainly do think the availability of free photos had some impact, I don't think it's the penultimate reason for the decline. The industry in general has declined to a point where very few can actually make a living. This always connected, 144 character society has hurt us more than anything IMHO. People simply don't engage in images like they used to. Satisfied with a cell phone snap on a crappy dark night to share once and be done, they no longer value the work we can produce for them. There are exceptions of course, but the weekend little leagues and pee wee football days are mostly long gone.

Until people pull their heads back up from the always connected to a 5" screen mode they are in, they kiss far too many things in life. That is trap easy to fall in to and an unfortunate one at that.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Previous versions of Michael H's message #14191472 « Sports Photographs for Free »