Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cvrle59's message #14187291 « Fuji 8-16mm and 10-24mm - thoughts ahead of release »

cvrle59
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Fuji 8-16mm and 10-24mm - thoughts ahead of release

millsart wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
I owed a few copies of 10-24mm, and I used it with X-T1, and now with X-T2. It is a very nice lens, very convenient and flexible, but I'm not happy with the flare when I'm shooting into the Sun.
I used to owe 14mm too, and when I compare my images between those two, there is something special in those that I shot with 14mm. I'm thinking to get it again, to make sure, it's not about my imagination.

Did you have a filter on your 10-24 ?? I live on the Gulf coast of Florida, and when were aren't having hurricanes, I'm usually on the beach, shooting into the sun for sunsets. I've found the 10-24 the most flare reisstant ultra wide of any systems I've owned and tried, such as the Olympus 7-14, Panny 7-14 and 8-18, Sony 16-35, VC15, Nikon 16-35 and 14-24 etc. As I mentioned previously, what really brought me back to Fuji was that the 10-24 was so resistant to flare. With MFT it was a total no-go with any of the lenses I bought, all of them producing purple blobs/spots and green veiling flare.

The 10-24 I can point directly into the sun, with it still fairly high above the horizon and get essentially zero flare, which I find one of the most remarkable aspects of the lens

If I use a filter, it's a Breakthrough X4 6-stop ND filter, very rarely X4 CPL. CPL's don't work well on WA lenses, so I try not use it much.
I will experiment little bit more to see if that filter brings the flare I noticed.
Thanks for your input!

Sep 19, 2017 at 05:16 PM

Previous versions of cvrle59's message #14187291 « Fuji 8-16mm and 10-24mm - thoughts ahead of release »