Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of arbitrage's message #14184313 « canon 2x III owners, are you satisfied? »

arbitrage
Upload & Sell: On
Re: canon 2x III owners, are you satisfied?

I believe it is a worthwhile investment for reach limited subjects or just being able to put all the pixels on a small bird that isn't too far away.

The big issue I think is that people "overreach" with 1000mm and 1200mm and try for shots that they are still too far away from and you end up with a lot of atmosphere in between you and your subject. But if you use it to fill the frame or come closer to filling the frame it is a better option than cropping a 1.4TC shot if technique is good.

I will say I found it better on lower MP FF bodies like 5 series and 1 series. I got some good shots on high density sensors like 7D2 and 5DSR but it took a lot more effort.

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:33 PM
arbitrage
Upload & Sell: On
Re: canon 2x III owners, are you satisfied?

I believe it is a worthwhile investment for reach limited subjects or just being able to put all the pixels on a small bird that isn't too far away.

The big issue I think is that people "overreach" with 1000mm and 1200mm and try for shots that they are still too far away from and you end up with a lot of atmosphere in between you and your subject. But if you use it to fill the frame or come closer to filling the frame it is a better option than cropping a 1.4TC shot if technique is good.

I will say I found it better on lower MP FF bodies like 5 series and 1 series. I got some good shots on high density sensors like 7D2 and 5DSR but it took a lot more effort.

Sep 17, 2017 at 01:52 AM

Previous versions of arbitrage's message #14184313 « canon 2x III owners, are you satisfied? »