Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of GMPhotography's message #14180404 « Sony FE 35mm 1.4 VS. Voigtlander 35mm 1.7 Big Bronco Test »

GMPhotography
Upload & Sell: On
Sony FE 35mm 1.4 VS. Voigtlander 35mm 1.7 Big Bronco Test

Well this is interesting test as it has a couple layers of usefulness for others as well as me. As many know the question on the FE 35mm 1.4 comes up a lot and I am the cursed one with this being my 5th copy of this lens. So this maybe good for others to see what a good FE 35mm actually looks like under test. Secondly this is my 3rd VC 35mm 1.7 and this lens I really like and gone back and forth on but couple things i love the look but it has some field curvature to deal with and we will talk about that and how to fix it as well. But after recent purchases of the 12-24 and the VC 65mm plus the Batis 135mm I was really looking at a travel kit and landscape kit that was including the FE 35mm in the bag. So 4 lenses in my bag will not fit unless one of them is smaller. Well i can't replace size with the other 3 so the FE 35mm has to shrink a lot.

So initial thoughts where go back to the Loxia 35mm which i have had and really liked its a very nice lens. Problem is two fold was not fitting in my current budget and I was not spending 978 dollars on a used Loxia 35 which was all that was out there . Secondly and more important its not very good at F2 actually one could say it sucks. So knowing that I got to thinking again about the VC 35 1.7 as I know wide open this thing is very sharp and stopped down to F8 it has great corners but you need to get to F8 but if we use a front filter on it as we have talked about at length on the forum you can get that up to F4. Now the same can be said for the Loxia 35 as you need to get to F8. So i figured let me buy it put it up against my FE 35mm 1.4 a known lens that has been tested to be good. Than ship the VC 35 to Fred and have hime test it against the Loxia and see who floats to the top. I did not order the Front filter yet and getting infinity on this CV 35 and .5 Opta Sigma front filter requires more infinity space so a adapter that will work. i ordered one as it was recommended to they here on the forum. I think it was Phillip Reeves who has suggested this adapter. Thats coming from China now

Okay lets get on with it , too much talk

Here are the commandants .

Sep 13, 2017 at 08:54 PM

Previous versions of GMPhotography's message #14180404 « Sony FE 35mm 1.4 VS. Voigtlander 35mm 1.7 Big Bronco Test »