Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #14177460 « Solitude..... »

R.H. Johnson
[X]
Solitude.....

over the years i've seen many variations of this image by other photographers. witnessed and shot many a picture from the rice fields in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, even Singapore and was never able to capture the essence of the planting of the rice. i was coming down from the rice terraces in the mountain Ubud, Indonesia. my driver stopped at a restaurant for lunch on an overcast rainy day. i sat on the terrace in the restaurant outside frustrated. and behold i was surrounded by rice paddies in the middle of the city. an unlikely area for rice fields. to my dismay there it was the shot i so desperately sought for so many years. way off in the distance over there a speck on the horizon. i grabbed the longest lens at my disposal my trusted 70-200mm f2.8l and quickly mounted it to the 1DX. set the parameters of the camera and away i hobbled rig in hand out into the rice field i went along the raised paths seeking my target. unnoticed as not to inform the target of my presence or disturb his activities i unleashed that 1DX. i chimped with a grin. i got that shot at a restaurant in the heart of the city.

ooppss, sorry reality check. RustyBug, agreed. i boosted the saturation in said image to give it some pop. the colors are muted in the original because of the overcast. but it is what it is and it hangs in my gallery at 24 x 36. a reminder to expect the unexpected. keep that damned camera at arm's length at all times. be prepared for we never know when the shot will make itself available.

thePhotographer

R. Hiram Johnson II
Master of Light Studios

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Previous versions of R.H. Johnson's message #14177460 « Solitude..... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.