Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of charles.K's message #14172146 « Official Nikon D850 image & resource hub thread ( images picture ) »

charles.K
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official Nikon D850 image & resource hub thread ( images picture )

My D850 arrived this afternoon at 2pm.

First few shots in the office. First NEF raw via PS with the latest updates, the second shot is OOC Jpeg. The Jpeg is Auto picture mode(new), natural light WB(new) which I really like. I have a feeling I will be using a lot of Jpegs when I need a quick output. The Jpeg OOC are really good, very similar to Fuji OOC Jpegs.

The grip feels very sturdy and much better than the D810. The AF is fast, accurate and it can lock on focus quickly where you cannot see in low light. The touch menu system is just awesome. I never realized how much time you save by having the touch menu to adjust your settings.

Surprisingly there is little stock of XQD cards so I am using the UHS II SD card which is fine for now. I really like the logic of having both SD and XQD for this reason alone. My MacBook Pro running Windows has only SD slot as does a lot of my peripheral gear. I suspect there is little reason to opt for the XQD card unless you have more serious shoot where you need a back up and serious speed.

Sep 07, 2017 at 03:30 AM
charles.K

First few shots in the office. First NEF raw via PS with the latest updates, the second shot is OOC Jpeg. The Jpeg is Auto picture mode(new), natural light WB(new) which I really like. I have a feeling I will be using a lot of Jpegs when I need a quick output. The Jpeg OOC are really good, very similar to Fuji OOC Jpegs.

The grip feels very sturdy and much better than the D810. The AF is fast, accurate and it can lock on focus quickly where you cannot see in low light. The touch menu system is just awesome. I never realized how much you save by having the touch menu to adjust your settings.

Surprisingly there is little stock of XQD cards so I am using the UHS II SD card which is fine for now. I really like the logic of having both SD and XQD for this reason alone. My MacBook Pro running Windows has only SD slot as does a lot of my peripheral gear. I suspect there is little reason to opt for the XQD card unless you have more serious shoot where you need a back up and serious speed.

Sep 07, 2017 at 03:29 AM
charles.K

First few shots in the office. First NEF raw via PS with the latest updates, the second shot is OOC Jpeg. The Jpeg is Auto picture mode(new), natural light WB(new) which I really like. I have a feeling I will be using a lot of Jpegs when I need a quick output.

The grip feels very sturdy and much better than the D810. The AF is fast, accurate and it can lock on focus quickly where you cannot see in low light. The touch menu system is just awesome. I never realized how much you save by having the touch menu to adjust your settings.

Sep 07, 2017 at 03:26 AM
charles.K

First few shots in the office. First Jpeg and second NEF raw via PS with the latest updates. The Jpeg is Auto picture, natural light WB which I really like. I have a feeling I will be using alot of Jpegs.

Sep 07, 2017 at 03:18 AM

Previous versions of charles.K's message #14172146 « Official Nikon D850 image & resource hub thread ( images picture ) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.