Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sjms's message #14170958 « L-Bracket for D850 »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: L-Bracket for D850

on the M-Plate:
they put that "pod" extension out in front of the AS portion so you don't need to remove the strap connector. it has a habit of getting in the way of some other camera parts. I have a "thing" for having to remove plates to accommodate other things. straps are variables

my straps I have 2 options:

1- type 1 screws on (using the C-Loop made by the same outfit that makes the M-Plate) and off from the plates 1/4-20 thread mount mid point on the L bracket base. it off and out of the way with no protrusions in a few seconds. this also mounts on a plethora of other devices sharing the 1/4-20 thread w/o need for additional apparatus to connect. that covers just about any camera or lens foot with or w/o an AS plate.

2- type 2 is a QD type strap that mounts to 2 optional hard points on the bracket and others I have. I also have an AS/QD adapter for those that don't have it.

both straps are highly adjustable for varying climates. I wish I was as accommodating.

straps are not used on tripods or monopods.

Sep 06, 2017 at 01:48 PM
sjms

on the M-Plate:
they put that "pod" extension out in front of the AS portion so you don't need to remove the strap connector. it has a habit of getting in the way of some other camera parts. I have a "thing" for having to remove plates to accommodate other things. straps are variables

my straps I have 2 options:

1- type 1 screws on and off from the plates 1/4-20 thread mount mid point on the L bracket base. it off and out of the way with no protrusions in a few seconds. this also mounts on a plethora of other devices sharing the 1/4-20 thread w/o need for additional apparatus to connect. that covers just about any camera or lens foot with or w/o an AS plate.

2- type 2 is a QD type strap that mounts to 2 optional points on the bracket and others I have. I also have an AS/QD adapter for those that don't have it.

both straps are highly adjustable for varying climates.

Sep 06, 2017 at 01:43 PM
sjms

on the M-Plate:
they put that "pod" extension out in front of the AS portion so you don't need to remove the strap connector. it has a habit of getting in the way of some other camera parts. on my straps I have 2 options:

1- type 1 screws on and off from the plates 1/4-20 thread mount mid point on the L bracket base. it off and out of the way with no protrusions in a few seconds. this also mounts on a plethora of other devices sharing the 1/4-20 thread w/o need for additional apparatus to connect. that covers just about any camera or lens foot with or w/o an AS plate.

2- type 2 is a QD type strap that mounts to 2 optional points on the bracket and others I have. I also have an AS/QD adapter for those that don't have it.

both straps are highly adjustable for varying climates.

Sep 06, 2017 at 01:40 PM

Previous versions of sjms's message #14170958 « L-Bracket for D850 »