Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of tmiller9's message #14168541 « A Magical Confluence »

tmiller9
Upload & Sell: On
A Magical Confluence

I wouldn't normally post two identical compositions - but I thought these were "different" enough to warrant it.....

Taken on a recent tour through the Northern Arizona desert in search of monsoons - from a remote section that overlooks the confluence of the Little Colorado and Colorado rivers. After a decent evening (I do have another shot with this composition - with the core of the MW poking between the clouds) of shooting - I was awakened by flashes of light over the canyon. Grabbed my camera and headed for the ledge. Although I brought a few triggers with me - I couldn't quite get them to work - so I did this the old fashioned way - a succession of 20 second exposures - hoping to capture something in the pre-dawn light. "Underexposing" for the scene, my hope was that any lightning would be enough to fill in the canyon walls - and it did!

The second shot was taken not long after the lightning show blew by - as the sun started to hit the horizon and provide a dramatic change in light - and scene. The colorful glow started to hit the clouds and reflect into the canyon. Then - a rainbow! Then - a double rainbow (never seen this before)! The rainbow show actually stuck around quite awhile - even as we hightailed it out of the area as the back end of the storm started to chase us.

Been doing this awhile now - seen quite a few things - this was by far the best - and most magical to date.

Thanks for looking - cc are always welcome...

Todd

Sep 04, 2017 at 02:30 PM
tmiller9
Upload & Sell: On
A Magical Confluence

I wouldn't normally post two identical compositions - but I thought these were "different" enough to warrant it.....

Taken on a recent tour through the Northern Arizona desert in search of monsoons - from a remote section that overlooks the confluence of the Little Colorado and Colorado rivers. After a decent evening (I do have another shot with this composition - with the core of the MW poking between the clouds) of shooting - I was awakened by flashes of light over the canyon. Grabbed my camera and headed for the ledge. Although I brought I few triggers with me - I couldn't quite get them to work - so I did this the old fashioned way - a succession of 20 second exposures - hoping to capture something in the pre-dawn light. "Underexposing" for the scene, my hope was that any lightning would be enough to fill in the canyon walls - and it did!

The second shot was taken not long after the lightning show blew by - as the sun started to hit the horizon and provide a dramatic change in light - and scene. The colorful glow started to hit the clouds and reflect into the canyon. Then - a rainbow! Then a double rainbow (never seen this before)! The rainbow show actually stuck around quite awhile - even as we hightailed it out of the area as the back end of the storm started to chase us.

Been doing this awhile now - seen quite a few things - this was by far the best - and most magical to date.

Thanks for looking - cc are always welcome...

Todd

Sep 04, 2017 at 01:54 PM

Previous versions of tmiller9's message #14168541 « A Magical Confluence »