Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of TheyCallMeJ's message #14140965 « To blog or not to blog »

TheyCallMeJ
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: To blog or not to blog

MRomine wrote:
TheyCallMeJ wrote: Brides not only want to see your portfolio, they want to know what you can do for them and how you do it. They care about their wedding, so showing off fancy images of other people's weddings won't cut it. You need to explain the tangible benefits for contacting you, the problems you are able to solve and whether you are the right person to work with in the most concise manner, often that's just plain text.

Your post all sounds good but how much do people really read these day? I constantly find, based upon the questions I get about my services and/or my contract, that clients don't ready much of anything these days. And how many buyers believe what the seller is saying about themselves anyway? So when you say you do this or you offer this services based upon this approach or that approach, because of all the 'fake news' out there how many people will listen to what we write? Or does it just go in one ear and out the other? They will believe and trust word of mouth comments from friends and family. But I really question, in this day and age, how much prospects trust what we say about ourselves or write about ourselves on our blogs.

I swear I am not making this up:

3 hours ago an inquiry landed in my inbox so I called the potential bride. My habit is to ask how she found me (if it's referral then I would like to know who) and what made her decide to reach out. This gives me insight as to what works and what doesn't in my marketing. Anyhow, her answer was "deep" browsing Google for the typical keywords [location] + wedding photographer and compare all of them. Now I don't know how many sites she ended up visiting but she claimed that "how you sell yourself is so much different than others".

I guarantee that brides still take the time to read, if they believe the content to be helpful for their wedding day. I learned a long time ago that women in general, love to read. Someone is buying and consuming all these novels and magazines. Oprah's book club, NY Times best sellers, the list goes on.

To keep this short and to address your questions, may I invite you to check out http://www.copyblogger.com/ should you be interested in improving your copy writing skills?

It all comes back to your ideal client and knowing your audience. Lower end, price sensitive clients will respond to pricing and keywords like "cheap", "free", "Buy a session and get another free", etc. Value clients want to know what exactly they are getting in advance, high end clients care about heritage, prestige, brand power and so on. I have no doubt you know what I am talking about.

A contract is different because it contains legal blah blah so there's little wiggle room. Normal folks hate reading the fine print.

However, your website and your blog represent your voice and how you choose to resonate with your target audience is entirely up to you. To be honest, if someone doesn't take the time to read my copy (to learn what and how I do things and why), immediately that's a red flag and I know this person isn't my client.

As for establishing trust and authority, do you have testimonials and reviews? Brides are pretty savvy nowadays and they will dig up dirt on you if they have to. That's your social proof, in addition to WOM. I have been fortunate to work with brides who wrote really long, glowing reviews and I don't hesitate in featuring them.

Aug 11, 2017 at 05:45 PM

Previous versions of TheyCallMeJ's message #14140965 « To blog or not to blog »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.