Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of EPSI's message #14133872 « Reikan FoCal - No Target Found - Any Ideas? »

EPSI
Upload & Sell: On
Reikan FoCal - No Target Found - Any Ideas?

Does anyone have enough experience with this software to comment on what might be driving my issue?

1. 5D3 with 70-200 2.8L IS at 200mm
  2. Large (210mm) Reikan target purchased from B&H
  3. Two 150W halogen modeling lamps for lighting
  4. Reikan Target Distance Calculator gives min distance of 19'8" (6m)

At first, due to room layout, etc., the camera was set up between 25-30 feet from target. Lamps were closer to target to maximize light. It's getting late in the day, so there's not a ton of ambient light in the room. On initial startup, I got a warning labeled "TooDark". The target was brightly lit; maybe it matters that the rest of the room was somewhat dark by comparison? I did research for a bit, then decided to continue past that error to see what happened next.

In the Target Setup (I think that's what it's called - first step) I get an error notifying me No Target Was Found. Interestingly, relative to the TooDark error above, the Lighting Level showed a warning of it being too bright due to the shutter speed of 1/8000 being required which is the max of the camera.

Long story of iterations short, I move the lights back and resolve the Lighting Level warning (shutter speed now 1/2000) and move the camera forward to roughly the 19'8". Still, No Target Was Found.

What else am I doing wrong?

Aug 06, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Previous versions of EPSI's message #14133872 « Reikan FoCal - No Target Found - Any Ideas? »