Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of notherenow's message #14120332 « The hot debate, Fuji and Sony »

notherenow
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: The hot debate, Fuji and Sony

kesava wrote:
I dunno, I get more from the feel and extension of a system more than from charts and corner sharpness at 300% on a gray wall with a box of crayons. Just my opinion, but caring so deeply about mega pixels at this size and dof is very, pedantic and misguided. The difference are personal preference. These are crutches and limiters to true creativity. Do I need shallow doc from time to time? Yes. Does that mean I need a 200/2 to get compression and isolation? No. Get the shot and use your skill. Seems like this might be a sore spot for people.

Hang on!

You open up a debate and then don't seem to get that others may not hold the same opinions? (much of what you wrote in your OP is very subjective).

I don't need a fast 35mm FF lens (your Fuji 23mm 1.4 equivalent).

I also don't need an A7Rii or Fuji XT-2.

That said, my aging and pixel limited A7s with 55 1.8 and FE 85 1.8 weighs less than the XT-2, 35 1.4 and 56 1.2 and I have the same sort of subject isolation and much better high ISO (plus can use APSC mode in a pinch for stills and fine for video).

If someone is looking at a couple of systems, then they should look at as many sources as possible.

Choice is good and the Fuji system looks very nice. Not for me but nice.

I currently would rather add a decent M43 camera to complement FF mirrorless.

Others will differ.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:43 PM

Previous versions of notherenow's message #14120332 « The hot debate, Fuji and Sony »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.