Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of thenoilif's message #14120273 « The hot debate, Fuji and Sony »

thenoilif
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: The hot debate, Fuji and Sony

This is not really a fair comparison as the only thing these two cameras have in common is that they are mirrorless.

One is FF and the other is ASP-C so there is an automatic advantage in lens size with ASP-C cameras.

One is 42 mp and the other is 24 mp. One is designed more for action as it is capable of shooting 14 fps while the other is designed more for studio and landscape and for making large prints. I actually find it odd that you even give the action edge to the Sony as it is notoriously slow for this type of shooting.

There is no question that the Fuji system and the XT-2 are amazing. If you're fine with just going cropped and 24mp I think that it is the best all around package out there. It edges out the A6500, a more comparable rival, in this regard because Fuji does have a better catalog of good to great cropped lenses. But as a pair with the A7Rii, I think the a6500 is better because you're able to share the lenses across both and even get a little extra reach with the cropped sensor.

Jul 26, 2017 at 02:37 AM

Previous versions of thenoilif's message #14120273 « The hot debate, Fuji and Sony »