Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Chris Fawkes's message #14109627 « Can we talk? Men, and suits »

Chris Fawkes
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Can we talk? Men, and suits

I have always found it odd that a girl will spend thousands on a dress to wear once when guys could continue to wear a great suit for years but go for a hire instead.

My niece is getting married next year and I suggested to her fiancé that he chat with his groomsmen and discuss buying suits and having them fitted.

Even cheaper suits can still look great. I took dad out a couple of weeks ago and we picked him up a wool suit for under $500 at a stocktake sale.

Maybe do a blog post on how to rock a suit.

1. Have it fitted.
2. Don't match the hanky to the tie.
3. Stand tall like someone shoved a carrot up your butt and look like you're enjoying it but just a little.
4. Black and brown don't mix.
5. Leather watch straps when wearing a suit, no nato or metal straps. A silver watch with a white face and leather strap is pretty safe.
6. Add a video on how to do a conventional tie for those going that option. Suggest a tie clip.
7. A few tips on posture, going beyond the carrot.

Maybe I missed something. Is Oxfords not Brogues really a fashion thing?

I will say that as much as I find the hipster movement a bit try hard it has taken a number of young men who once had little to no interest in fashion and put it on their radar and I suspect that much will stick.

Jul 17, 2017 at 09:54 AM
Chris Fawkes
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Can we talk? Men, and suits

I have always found it odd that a girl will spend thousands on a dress to wear once when guys could continue to wear a great suit for years but go for a hire instead.

My niece is getting married next year and I suggested to her fiancé that he chat with his groomsmen and discuss buying suits and having them fitted.

Even cheaper suits can still look great. I took dad out a couple of weeks ago and we picked him up a wool suit for under $500 at a stocktake sale.

Maybe do a blog post on how to rock a suit.

1. Have it fitted.
2. Don't match the hanky to the tie.
3. Stand tall like someone shoved a carrot up your butt and look like you're enjoying it but just a little.
4. Black and brown don't mix.
5. Leather watch straps when wearing a suit, no nato or metal straps. A silver watch with a white face and leather strap is pretty safe.
6. Add a video on how to do a conventional tie for those going that option. Suggest a tie clip.
7. A few tips on posture, going beyond the carrot.
Is Oxfords not Brogues really a fashion thing?

I will say that as much as I find the hipster movement a bit try hard it has taken a number of young men who once had little to no interest in fashion and put it on their radar and I suspect that much will stick.

Jul 17, 2017 at 09:53 AM

Previous versions of Chris Fawkes's message #14109627 « Can we talk? Men, and suits »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.