Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of bobbytan's message #14092440 « wireless remote for OMD-M1 »

bobbytan
Upload & Sell: On
Re: wireless remote for OMD-M1

I think it's both - can be used wired (cable provided) or wirelessly.

You do have to make sure that the supplied cable (for use in the wired mode) is the 2.5mm male-to-male stereo jack.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849272-REG/Vello_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html

Edit: I think it's a wireless cable release i.e. you cannot use it as a wired cable. The provided cable connector is to link the transmitter to the headphone jack on the E-M1.2. But I am not sure - I don't have this remote.

I have this wireless remote for the E-M1 to sell if anyone is interested. Will not work with the E-M1.2 as it uses a different plug.

nandadevieast wrote:
Is it wireless? As in, without the cable release?

Bob Kane wrote:
Herbc wrote:
I do hope I got the model numbers right, OLy is confusing in its designations.

anyway, I am looking for a wireless remote for the model 1, not the recently release Mk II.

opinions welcome

Vello Freewave. Cheap, reliable. The Olympus-compatible model also works with Canon, and the cables from receiver to camera are included. Maybe $40 or so.

Jul 02, 2017 at 08:14 AM
bobbytan

You do have to make sure that the supplied cable (for use in the wired mode) is the 2.5mm male-to-male stereo jack.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849272-REG/Vello_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html

Edit: I think it's a wireless cable release i.e. you cannot use it as a wired cable. The provided cable connector is to link the transmitter to the headphone jack on the E-M1.2. But I am not sure - I don't have this remote.

nandadevieast wrote:

Bob Kane wrote:
Herbc wrote:

anyway, I am looking for a wireless remote for the model 1, not the recently release Mk II.

opinions welcome

Vello Freewave. Cheap, reliable. The Olympus-compatible model also works with Canon, and the cables from receiver to camera are included. Maybe $40 or so.

Jul 02, 2017 at 08:07 AM
bobbytan

nandadevieast wrote:

Bob Kane wrote:
Herbc wrote:

opinions welcome

Jul 02, 2017 at 07:21 AM

Previous versions of bobbytan's message #14092440 « wireless remote for OMD-M1 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.