Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Vcize's message #14089504 « LensRentals very impressed by the FE 12-24/4G »

Vcize
Upload & Sell: On
Re: LensRentals very impressed by the FE 12-24/4G

Polarizers are the main issue for me as well. I recently did a week down in Zion and I've been using my Nikon 14-24 (adapted) on my A7R2 as my UWA lens. I have the wonderpana kit for a polarizer and man was it a major major PITA dealing with that in the Narrows, Kannaraville, Subway, etc.

ND filters are less of an issue but still nice to have. SR works just as well for some things (clouds), less great for others (water), and is basically useless for others (light streaks).

I'll read more reviews once the lens comes out but for that reason I'm leaning towards sticking with my 16-35 (F4) and adding the Voigt 12 when I need to go super duper wide. At least then I can use a polarizer down to 16mm.

But man is this lens tempting otherwise. It's almost unbelievable what they appear to have done in such a compact lens.

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:03 PM
Vcize
Upload & Sell: On
Re: LensRentals very impressed by the FE 12-24/4G

Polarizers are the main issue for me as well. I recently did a week down in Zion and I've been using my Nikon 14-24 (adapted) on my A7R2 as my UWA lens. I have the wonderpana kit for a polarizer and man was it a major major PITA dealing with that in the Narrows, Kannaraville, Subway, etc.

I'll read more reviews once the lens comes out but for that reason I'm leaning towards sticking with my 16-35 (F4) and adding the Voigt 12 when I need to go super duper wide. At least then I can use a polarizer down to 16mm.

But man is this lens tempting otherwise. It's almost unbelievable what they appear to have done in such a compact lens.

Jun 29, 2017 at 06:58 PM

Previous versions of Vcize's message #14089504 « LensRentals very impressed by the FE 12-24/4G »