Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of DianeinCR's message #14084028 « Mary-Catherine »

DianeinCR
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mary-Catherine

dmacmillan - After reading and re-reading your last comments I am fairly embarrassed to post a shot from my last session. However because I desire to learn more than I desire to save face, I will do so. I don't have a technical bone in my body...well perhaps my left little toe, but eventually I'll get this!

common placement of the fill is on the camera axis. I prefer to place the fill on the axis of the subject's nose. If they are facing the camera straight on, then by default it is also on camera axis, but if they are turned to the side, the fill light should move as well.

You saying this makes things so much simpler for me!

Sometimes this looks funny since you end up with key and fill close to each other.

Is this what I ended up with? I had the Octo/fill behind me R and the dish/key just off L. Both show as catch lights in my subject's eyes (with the octo being larger and soft, and the dish hard and small close by) which I really don't like at all. I had my dish brighter than my octo. Should I have pulled the octo forward much closer and dialed the dish back a fair amount? Or pulled it in a fair amount and dialed it back? I see very bright, harsh light in my shot.

No there wasn't a model light in the dish, but there can be. How would I use it if I put one in?

Again, thank you for your time and comments.

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM

Previous versions of DianeinCR's message #14084028 « Mary-Catherine »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.